Monday 12 April 2010

Home at last

So, the only travelling i will be doing over the next X amount of months will probably be to work. Sigh. No, it feels amazing to be home. Almost like i never left. Which felt very very weird.

Our flight home was extremely pleasant due to me pre booking some bulk head seats so we had extra leg room. Kates dad met us at the airport which was quite emotional. When i got back to Kates house we dumped our gear and headed straight out to get some new mobile phones. I finally got my iphone (which i have been waiting to get since they came out ages ago!) We then braved the London traffic to venture over to my mums. Wow, i hadn't realised just how much i hate driving in London. Seeing my mum and my little sister was amazing but after a few minutes we were back to our usual chats and again it felt as if i hadn't seen them in just a few days not over 14 months.

The next few days entailed busying ourselves looking at flats and cars before my sister Jodie throwing us a big family party at her house. It was awesome seeing all our lot and catching up. It was another late night for us talking into the wee hours and drinking and eating way too much. We are staying at my sisters until we sort ourselves a place to live at. Which wasn't very long as we were lucky enough to find an amazing flat in a really nice area. We were the first to look at it and snapped it up. I also finally bought a car which i pick up tomorrow. Good thing too as Kates car broke down the day after we got home and has spent the last few days in repair. A combination of Kates dad, my sister and my cousin have been ferrying us around while sort everything out.

We have decided to rent for now as don't want to commit ourselves to staying. I imagine it won't be long before the clean crisp mountain vistas of Qtown start to yearn to me. My sister Jodie is planning to get married in Florida in October so we are definitely gonna be here until then. After signing all these year long leases and contracts though i imagine we'll be here a while. I still have tons to do so have to keep this blog short. I'm hoping to create a nice epilogue at some point. Will keep you posted.

Peace

D

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment